Support, Care &
ABOUT THE INDEPENDENT LIVING PRACTICE HOME
The importance of Practice Home cannot be stressed enough – it allows young persons with SCI from economically weak families, to complete their education up to Class 12 in a safe and supportive environment – a home away from home.
Regretfully, there is no shortage of young persons with SCI. Many fall from roofs and trees collecting fodder for cattle, tumble from slippery trails or are involved in road traffic accidents. Last year’s devastating earthquakes in Nepal was the cause of many of the more recent SCI traumas, which left many children, scarred both physically and mentally.
Name – Bandana Rawal
Date of birth– 2008
Accident date and cause – 2017 Fallen down from height
Name of school/college– Pachpokhari model English school
Name – Anusha Khatri
Date of birth– 1999
Accident date and cause– 2015 injured during earthquake time
Class-– 12 finished by 2017
Name of school/college– Chamunda higher secondary school
( she is our ex-student)
Laxman Rana Magar
Name – Laxman Rana Magar
Date of birth-1998
Accident date and cause- 2013 fallen down from tree
Name of school/college– Chamunda higher secondary schoo
- To collect data of spinal cord injured people all over the Nepal and do awareness and advocacy about Spinal cord injured and disability.
- Co-operating with different disable people organization to implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD);
- To strengthen our organizational capacity by networking, collaborating, cooperating and coordinating with other stakeholders and donors;
- To build networks for persons with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and provide support; and
- To provide and facilitate various trainings and opportunities for Persons with Disabilities and thus, support socio-economic inclusion.